IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT REVIEWS: We will not review fiction books told from the first person perspective, or books about abuse, or that prominently feature non-consent, torture, or similar subjects. To gaurantee that reviews are not influenced by financial compensation, purchaser agrees that review will be posted regardless of their approval or agreement with the review contents or rating.
For all reviews, the purchaser of the review will provide the book free of cost to the reviewer, or the cost of book will be billed to the reviewer in addition to the cost of the review. Once payment of review is received, purchaser will be contacted with instructions of how to submit book.
If you are wondering why you should pay for a review blog post when traditional book blog tours are cheaper please take a few minutes to review my blog post Why Individual Bloggers Should Get Paid for Book Blog Tours.
Q: Why are these book reviews so expensive?
A: Because every book I read and review takes me away from writing my own books and you are compensating me for my time. That is why there is no money-back guarantee and the review will be posted regardless of whether the purchaser approves of it or not.
Standard Book Review Blog Post
Book will be reviewed on blog and posted in a standard book review slot on Wednesday mornings at 5:00 AM PST. Wait time of at least one month. Purchaser will provide reader copy of book in Kindle or PDF format. If purchaser wants reviewer to buy book, cost of book will be billed to purchaser of review. See description of review format below.
Custom Book Review Blog Post
All the features of a standard review but review purchaser chooses any five specific aspects of book to be additionally focused on in review. Wait time of at least one month. Book will be reviewed on blog and posted in a standard book review slot on Wednesday mornings at 5:00 AM PST. Purchaser will provide reader copy of book in Kindle or PDF format. If purchaser wants reviewer to buy book, cost of book will be billed to purchaser of review. See description of standard review below.
Reserved Date Standard Book Review Blog Post
All the features of a standard review and purchaser can choose what date and time they would like the review posted. This is a good option to be used in a conjunction with a blog tour. If you have already scheduled a tour or blitz. Advanced notification of at least two weeks needed and top spot on blog for the day is not guaranteed.
Reserved Date Custom Book Review
All the features of a standard review but review purchaser chooses any five specific aspects of book to be additionally focused on in review. Purchaser can also request when the review will be posted to blog. This is a good option to be used in a conjunction with a blog tour. If you have already scheduled a tour or blitz. Advanced notification of at least two weeks needed and top spot on blog for the day is not guaranteed.
What’s included in a Standard Book Review?
- Series book is in and place/number in series (if part of a series)
- Book Title and Author name
- Image of Cover with purchase links.
- First paragraph. What is the book? Who is the author? How I heard of book, where I got it from? What format was it in? Was I paid to review it or did I receive it for free? Is it part of a series and what number/place in the series is it? Is it part of an established story world?
- Second paragraph. Quick synopsis of book. Is it fantasy/fiction/non-fiction? What era does it take place/time? Equivalent society technological level?
- Third paragraph. Who is/are the main characters and why are they important?
- Fourth paragraph. What did I like about the story?
- Fifth paragraph. What did I like about the main character?
- Sixth paragraph. Are there any supporting characters I want to talk about?
- Seventh paragraph. What did I dislike about the story?
- Eighth paragraph. What did I dislike about the main character?
- Ninth paragraph. What did I dislike about the supporting characters?
- Tenth paragraph. What do I rate the book on the Delighting Delilah Scale? What do I rate the book on a five-star scale? Why in particular?
- One or two line blurb regarding book which can be quoted for use in advertising.
- Book cover again and more purchase links for book.
- Link to author web page.
- If I have reviewed other books by the author or provided other posted services for that author on my blog I will link to those blog posts.
Reviews will also include:
- If book is part of a series, I will list all other books in the series and purchase links for all books listed.
- If I compare the reviewed book to another book/movie/play/comic in the review I will include affiliate links to those items.
- All book purchase links will include my affiliate codes unless it is for an independent author who published with Draft2Digital using my affiliate link to register.
What’s Not Included in a Book Review?
- Increase in sales is NOT guaranteed
- A guaranteed rating of 3 stars or above is not included
- An endorsement is not guaranteed
- Author bio is not included
- Author information other than name and other books in that particular series and link to web page/email signup.
- Author interview, or blurb
- Book blurbs
- Book excerpts
- Reviews or quotes from other reviewers
- Reviews by other authors.